Call for Contributions
LADC looks for works exploring new territory, continuing a significant research, or reflecting on practical experience. The main track at LADC 2018 is soliciting original, unpublished research papers in three categories: (1) full research (regular) papers, (2) practical experience reports, and (3) short papers. Full research manuscripts should explore technology problem and propose a complete solution with results. Practical experience reports are expected to provide an in-depth exposition of practitioner experience and empirical studies. Short papers should present preliminary research work (position papers), or a prototype/tool description, outlining the architecture, implementation and usage of substantive operational systems or tools for the research and practice of dependable and secure systems. Papers will be assessed with criteria appropriate to each category.
All aspects of dependable and secure computer systems and systems of systems are within the scope of LADC, including fault tolerant architectures, protocols and algorithms, models for performance, dependability and security evaluation, as well as, experimentation and assessment of dependable and secure systems. Authors are invited to submit original papers on all aspects of research and practice on creating, validating, deploying, and maintaining dependable and secure systems.
The LADC proceedings will be published and indexed by IEEE (Confirmed). Also, an extended version of selected papers will be published in a special issue of "The Journal of Brazilian Computer Society" (Confirmed). A Best Paper Award is also a tradition in LADC and will be selected among the submitted works.
Major topics include, but are not limited to:
- Frameworks and software architectures for dependability, runtime monitoring, adaptation, model-driven engineering for the design of dependable and secure systems, testing, verification & validation, software certification.
- Dependability and security of cyber-physical systems and systems of systems, communication networks and protocols, data storage and databases.
- Dependability and human issues, human-computer interaction, management of complex systems.
- Security foundations, policies, protocols, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion tolerance.
- Safety-critical systems and applications, incidents & accidents, risk perception, analysis and management.
- Dependability and security modeling, measurement and benchmarking.
- Maintenance, tuning of performance and availability, security configuration.
Papers must be written in English. Research Papers, Practical Experience Reports, and Short Papers should be respectively no longer than 10 pages, 6 pages and 4 pages, following the IEEE two-column format for conference proceedings. The category of the paper should be clearly marked in the first page. Authors are requested to first register their submissions and then submit their manuscripts in PDF format at the JEMS webpage (https://submissoes.sbc.org.br).
Regular Papers and Practical Experience Reports and Short Papers:
- Abstract submission: June, 1st 2018June, 22th 2018 June, 29th 2018 (firm deadline)
- Full paper submission: June, 8th 2018June, 22th 2018 June, 29th 2018 (firm deadline)
- Author notification: August, 10th 2018 August, 15th 2018
- Camera Ready: September, 1st 2018
JBCS Special Edition
Extended version of selected papers will be published in a special issue of "The Journal of Brazilian Computer Society".
- The authors will have to provide at least 30% of new content;
- The papers will be re-evaluated by JBCS' reviewers indicated by the special issue editor;